A good rescue rope balances opposing characteristics. It should be soft enough for easy handling and knotting, bust stiff enough for high abrasion resistance and ease of untying knots. There should be enough stretch in the rope to minimise peak impact load when used with the belay device, but not so much that the resulting system extension results in any operational hazards. CMC Lifeline was designed to be a block creel kernmantle rope with just the right balance of characteristics. Kernmantle provides a heavy sheath over a parallel fibre core for maximum strength and abrasion resistance. Block creel means that a continuous strand of fibre runs the entire length of the rope's core.
- Colour: black
- Rope Diameter: 13 mm or 1/2 in
- Rope Length: 200.254 m or 657 ft
- Min breaking strength: 40 kN or 8,992 lbf
- Elongation @1.35 kN (300 lbf): 2.6%
- Elongation @ 2.7 kN (600 lbf): 4.7%
- Elongation @4.4 kN (1,000 lbf): 7.5%
- Fibre: Nylon
- Minimum melting point: 204°C (400°F)
- Class: General use
- DOM: 05/03/2016
- DOR: 05/03/2026
- This rope meets the Life Safety Rope requirements of NFPA 1983, standard on life safety reop and equipment for emergency services, 2012 ed.
- Comes on spool